About This File
RKSL Studios presents the Official Port of our Puma HC1.
NOTE: I'm not entirely happy with this release but im getting pretty frustrated with custom animations. So much so i need a break from it, lest it get binned. So I'm releasing it as a BETA and taking a little break from the project to work on fixes for the Foxhound and some other things.
The Puma HC1 first entered service in 1971, and the RAF currently has a fleet of 34 aircraft available to the front-line Support Helicopter Force. The aircraft are operated by Nos 33 and 230 Squadrons, both based at RAF Benson. The combined Puma Force is separated into 5 operational flights and an operational conversion flight, which offers flexibility in its role with both desert warfare and arctic warfare specialist equipment available for fitting to the aircraft.
RKSL Studios addons are distributed without any warranty; without even the implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
The RKSL Studios addons are not an official Addon or tool.
The use of these addons (in whole or in part) is entirely at your own risk.
FULL END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT: Common A3 RKSL Studios EULA
POLICY ON RE-UPLOADS FOR STEAM: Any uploads will be met with a DMCA takedown request.
FULL DOCUMENTATION: Puma HC1 v3.110
- RKSL Dynamic Rotor System
- Sling Load Camera
- Sling loading upto 3000kg
- Custom Advanced Flight model
Multiple paint schemes.
- Flat NATO Green
- 90's Two Tone Green
- 90's Two Tone Snow
- 70/80's Three Tone Green and Grey (Northern Ireland Scheme)
- Tiger Meet 2005
- United Nations White
- Desert Pink '90/91
- Fictional Dark Tiger
- Fictional Royal Navy Coastal Scheme
A bit of history and current status.
This model was first made in 2008. And bar a few tweaks and fixes hasn't really changed too much. The UV mapping and poly count were designed for the ArmA1 game engine. ArmA3 is far more capable and flexible than anything we had back then. Which means that this particular model is not going to be developed any further.
I will continue to support the release until the new models for the HC2 and AS330 Series helos comes online.
Planned Future Features
- 100% new model.
HC2 varient including:
- Full glass cockpit
- Increased power to simulate the Turbomeca Makila engines, new gearboxes and tail rotors
FINDING THE ADDON IN THE EDITOR
You can find the Puma under:
UK Armed Forces
- Puma HC1
- UK Armed Forces
Things you need to know if you intend on flying the Puma to its limits..
Speed and Limits:
Vne = 257kph - Velocity Never Exceed. This is the absolute max safe speed of the aircraft. Going faster than this may result in damage to the airframe or loss of control.
The Puma HC1 has a very high centre of gravity. Be careful when:
- during rolling landings.
- max safe speed for rolling landing is 75kph
- Watch for loss of lift when making sharp braking turns.
- In AFM Try not to use too much rudder about 160kph.
Similarly, be careful about pulling up rapidly and over torquing the main rotor.
A Word About Realism
We strive to make all our addons as realistic as the game engine and our own capabilities allow.
This means that real world speeds and capabilities are simulated where possible. Compromises have and will be made where necessary but we will not downscale or completely cripple an aircraft, system or weapon to fit into the limited spaces some ArmA maps provide.
We genuinely believe that the manual operation of aircraft is a skill that should be interesting and fun. Not every aircraft flies the same nor do they have the same capabilities. If you can't learn and adapt to change then stick with the vanilla equipment.
The Puma has been designed from the ground up to use the Advanced Flight Model. A lot of effort has gone into developing it, give it a try. Its pretty forgiving and damage tolerant. Take the time to learn it and you won't be disappointed.
It has always been a basic tenant of RKSL Studios design philosophy not to negatively affect other community made content. We do not replace core values or modify anything that will affect the function or experience of others.
We are happy to discuss optional compatibility patches, but will not exclusively adapt our addons to anyone elses Mod standards.
All RKSL Content is tested against the currently available stable build of the Vanilla game and official expansions.
Only milestones are mentioned.
Key: Normal = Development build Bold = Testing Build or Public Release
- 3.090 - Public BETA Release (largely due to frustration)
- 3.085- Flight model and Damage Tweaks.
- 3.075 - Removed custom anims
- 3.068 - Added extra skins.
- 3.059 - Custom Anims for Pilot and Gunners.
- 3.045 - Rebuilt Turrets Config completely
- 3.037 - Door Gun build and retexture.
- 3.036 - Internal lighting test rig
- 3.035 - External lighting
- 3.034 - Advanced Flight Model hover trimming
- 3.033 - Advanced Flight Model damage limits increase
- 3.031 - Advanced Flight Model milestone power
- 3.030 - Advanced Flight Model milestone
- 3.025 - Advanced Flight Model reverted
- 3.024 - Advanced Flight Model matlab calculated
- 3.022 - Advanced Flight Model tweaks
- 3.019 - Advanced Flight Model BIS02 adapted
- 3.017 - Advanced Flight Model tweaks
- 3.016 - 1st Advanced Flight Model attempt
- 3.013 - Sling Load camera
- 3.012 - Sling Load addition
- 3.002 - Basic Flight Model tweaks
- 3.001 - initial ArmA3 Port
All known issues are recorded in the Foxhound Bug Tracker. If you find any problems please report them and help make these addons better.
This addons and model is 100% unique and doesnt not incorporate any 3rd party content:
- Model: Rock
- Textures: Rock
- Config: Rock
- Jamo of 4IB for helping understand the Rototlib/AFM setup.
- The lads of DAR-V
- Mathias aka ToxicLemon
- Siddy for constant nagging.
Research & Information
- British Army Website
- Royal Air Force Website
- Aerospatiale AS330E Flight Manual
- Ministy of Defence Images
- Ministry of Defence - Defence Equiment and Support - DeSider magazine
- Gordon formerly of Westland Helicopters (RIP - 2014)
- Stephen C ex RAF Master Aircrew
- Oggy M - photo collection ex RAF Regiment
- John ex 230 Squadron
29th May 2019
What's New in Version 3.110 See changelog
No changelog available for this version.