This shouldnt really be necessary but common sense is becoming rarer so here we go:
General Forum Rules
- Do not spam or self-promote in the forums
- These forums define spam as unsolicited advertisement for goods, services and/or other web sites or posts with little, no or completely unrelated content.
- Do not spam the forums with links to your site or product, or try to self-promote your website, business or forums etc. Doing so is a waste of time.
- Your account will be banned permanently and your posts will be deleted.
- Spamming also includes sending private messages to a large number of different users.
- However, please note that there are two exceptions to the self-promotion rule. In the Website Critiques forum, you may post the URL to your website to ask for reviews, and in the Business Help forum you may discuss your business.
- Do not post "Free" threads
- Posting pyramid scams (such as free iPods, LCDs etc.) is forbidden. All such posts/signatures will be edited or deleted. Any new users posting scams will be banned permanently; contributing users will either be warned or temporarily banned.
- Do not cross post questions
- Please refrain from posting the same question in several forums. There is normally one forum which is most suitable in which to post your question If you're not sure where to post, ask a moderator first.
- Do not post copyright-infringing material
- Do not upload, attach, or otherwise post any copyrighted material which you are not free to redistribute (subject to the licensing terms of the specific item). If you have a question about having permission to post or attach a specific item, please ask a moderator.
- We do not condone nor accept posts pertaining to illegal activities such as hacking, cracking, warez, or spam.
- Any posts or threads found in violation of this rule will be edited or deleted, and the poster warned or possibly banned; at the moderation team's discretion.
- Do not post "offensive" posts, links or images
- Do not post anything which is offensive, hateful, racist, sexist, discriminatory, obscene, vulgar or in violation of local or international laws.
- Do not send private messages to any users asking for help. If you need help, make a new thread in the appropriate Support forum.
- Remain respectful of other users, moderators and administrators at all times. If you dont we won't respect you either and you will be forever branded a "Forum Testicle".
- All posts should be professional and courteous. You have every right to disagree with your fellow community members and explain your perspective.
- However, you are not free to attack, degrade, insult, or otherwise belittle them or the quality of this community. It does not matter what title or power you hold in these forums, you are expected to obey this rule. Doing otherwise will get your account banned temporarily, or permanently if the situation becomes severe enough (this will be left to the discretion of the moderation team). For example, phrases such as "shut up, idiot," are indicative of problematic posts and should be reported. Suggested alternatives include "I disagree with what you said for the following reasons..." Please remember to stay mature and thoughtful at all times.
- Am I allowed more than one account at RKSL Studios? No, there is no reason why you should have more than one account at RKSL Studios forums. If you are banned from the forums, please do not create a new account. By creating a new account, you are making the banning/warning system pointless. Your new accounts will be permanently banned. If you continue to create new accounts after you have been banned, your IP address may well be blocked from the forums. If you then start to register using differnet IP addresses, we reserve the right to take legal action against you. Using proxy servers will not get you anywhere.
- What happens if I break a rule? If you break a rule, then you will either be warned or banned. A ban of your user account may either be temporary or permanent. If you are given an official warning, using the built-in warning system, a further warning within the next 30 days will result in a temporary ban which will last 30 days. If you are not given an official warning, a user note may be added to your account and the incident may be logged for future reference. While a ban will normally involve only a ban of your user account, in extreme circumstances, it is possible to block your IP address from the forums.
- The administrators and moderators also have the right to edit, delete, move or close and thread or post as they see necessary, without prior warning.
- What happens if I see a thread/post which has broken a rule? Please report the thread/post to the moderators using the red triangle "Report Bad Post" link, which appears in the top right-hand corner of every post. This report will be sent to all moderators of that particular forum, who will respond to the incident as quickly as possible.
- Where can I find out who is in charge? The Forum Leaders page displays all the moderators and administrators of the forum.
- When in doubt, ask a moderator about the topic of your thread or post. They will be able to tell you if it violates the rules or not. If your thread or post is removed and you do not receive an email or PM about it, then ask a moderator why it was removed. Do not re-post your thread or start another one complaining about your thread being removed.
- One of the perks of continued membership is having a custom signature for your posts. The contents of your sig must be acceptable for our community, and shall not contain any profanity, vulgarity, or insults/disparaging comments to our community or its members. In addition, comments and/or links that represent direct competition are not allowed.
- Keep your signature and avatar in good taste, the contents of your signature must be acceptable for the community: no vulgarity, lewd men/women, profanity or insults to other community members.
- If you use an image as your signature, it should be no larger than 600 pixels wide by 110 pixels tall. Your avatar will be limited to 100 pixels by 100 pixels.
- Animation should be kept to a minimum and both your signature and avatar shouldn't be too distracting.
- Keep the size of any images in your signature below 50KB. Your avatar will be limited to a size of 10KB.
- If you don't want to use an image in your signature, you can have up to six lines of text (with a maximum font size of 2).
- Do not include spam, harassing links or affiliate links in your signature. However, we will not object to you posting links to either your personal websites or other commercial projects which you support. This is a privilege which you are allowed as a contributing user.
- Comments and/or links that represent direct competition are not allowed.
- Do not create fake signatures.
- Any signature violating these rules will be considered spam. The signature will be deleted and the offending member will be addressed by our moderators.
Registration to this forum is free! By using our forums (this includes but is not limited to signing up as a member or even browsing our forums without signing up) you agree to the following:
- The owner, administrators, and moderators of RKSL Studios Forums will not be held liable for any objectionable messages posted on this forum, ownership and liability lie with the original poster of the message in question. It is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and NOT RKSL Studios and neither the owners of RKSL Studios or PHPBB will be held responsible for the content of any message, regardless of what the message says or implies or any posts replying to said message.
- You warrant that by registering for our forums, or simply just browsing our forums, you will indemnify Dev Shed from any and all legal liability both civil, criminal, or otherwise. Any legal proceedings brought against RKSL Studios or its owner must be originated in Greater Manchester, United Kingdom.
- You warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.
- The owners of RKSL Studios Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason but are not compelled to do so unless they deem it to be necessary.
The rules and guidelines found in this document cover all forum categories within this site. In addition, some of the forums may have additional rules and guidelines that apply specifically. Before posting in any forum, check for any sticky posts containing additional rules.
General Posting Guidelines
I figured this was necessary because a lot of people come in and post threads without thinking, and without realizing that there is no possible way they could get help because of the way they posted the question. Here are some general guidelines:
- USE SEARCH FIRST! - There is a pretty good chance that unless you have some really odd or unique problem that it has been addressed on this forum before (or even hundreds of times before for some issues).
- Use the forum's search feature first to see if there are already some good threads on the subject. It's easy to search - just click the "Search" button at the top right of the page.
- Be DESCRIPTIVE - I cannot stress this enough. We cannot possibly help you if you simply post a thread, copy and paste your whole script and say "it has errors what's wrong with it?".
- Don't use stupid topic names
- Post a descriptive topic name! Give a short summary of your problem IN THE SUBJECT. Don't use attention getting subjects. They don't get attention.
- If you're not going to take the advice, don't ask for help.
- When people give you free models/code that may solve your problem, by all means, try it out! And if it's not what you need, at least thank them.
- And if people post code that is over your head, ask them for an explanation. Too many times I see great solutions posted, then the original poster doesn't understand it and goes hunting around the internet and finds some random post they think will solve their problem but really has Nothing to do with their problem! The solution you are given may not always be something you are totally familiar with, so just ask for a better explanation!
- Remember when people help you, they are doing YOU a favor.
- Regardless of how big your ego is, it is NOT someone else's privilege to debug Your code. It is not their privilege to have them help you. It is YOURS. Remember that when people help you they are doing YOU a favor. You are not doing them a favor by letting them see your incredible addon/script/mission.
- Be patient, help people out by posting good descriptions of what you need help with, and not snapping at people with garbage such as "if you aren't going to help don't waste my time replying".
We reserve the right to edit any of your posts if we see fit. We dont do this randomly but if you post anything offensive or deemed to be against the rules we will remove it.
- Dont be a dick.
- Think before you post.
- Be polite
- Use the Search function it does work rather well.
- Try to be helpful and you never know we might actually invite you some where nice.