About this blog
Formerly Known as "WIP Wednesdays". Now its probably best to think of this as "When we get chance Wednesday".
Entries in this blog
A very quick preview of the low poly Hercules Interior
Here we got another Zombie project that just will not die...
Just as a quick follow on to the UNN's comments about the UAV system:
There are also a number of improvments over the BIS UAV system:
- You can actually lock the laser on to a target, then fine tune that lock. (No more knocking the mouse and losing the target)
- The ability to get proper coordinates from the display of both your own and the targets positions.
- Set custom waypoints with altitude.
- You have the ability to take control and fly yourself if you so choose. (PLANNED)
- the ability to set Laser 'frequencies' so that multiple laser designators can be used in the game area. Great for large MP games with multiple teams.
- NO more dive bombing onto targets.
- NO more target obsessed AI pilots that wont disengage.
And quite a few other things...
They arent much more than UNN has already shown but it does illustrate that all the features on the Display do actually work. Its not just set dressing. And unlike the stock BIS UAV interface this allows you to actually lock the cursor then adjust it properly onto target.
The display layout is modelled on a Reaper UAV but in theory you could adapt the layout to any system you like.
Eventually, we hope that it can be adapted to simulate Laser Targeting pods on RKSL aircraft like the Tornado and Typhoon too.
As I said before I've been busy even though ive spent most of the last week in hospital getting poked and prodded. I've had the time to make some new stuff and resurrect and complete some old projects:
Chengdu J-20. I've made some assumptions based on what little is known about it. So the bays are inspired by the F-22, which seems logical given other similarities and rumours of FB-22 espionage etc.
I'm still not 100% about its actual role in the PLAF ie Fighter, Interceptor etc. But having actually built it now and scaled from the estimates in the press and various weapons etc I'm leaning towards the Air Superiority/Stealthy Long Range AWACs killer role touted by some. I don't think its a "Stealthy F111" type, the internal bays really aren't big enough in my opinion. You can see that from the last pic with the AMRAAMs and AIM9s. But I could be wrong. It wouldn't be the first time.